Please contact us for more information about Financial Assistance. 612-869-4008
3 Week Session
With staff assistance, students will learn to plan and prepare their own meals, grocery shop, and budget as part of many other independent living skills while at the Summer Internship Program!
Summer Internship Program -
Session 1: June 10 - 29, 2012
Session 2: July 8 - 27, 2012
Specially designed for young adults with learning differences, Aspergers and ADHD/ADD. Students will have the opportunity to experience the real world, by living in an apartment-setting with roommates, working and engaging in community life with new friends.
Location: Students will reside in the Minnesota Life College townhomes within the Colony Apartments, which include two bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room and kitchen. During the day the students will be off campus at an internship site with a job coach, and in the evenings they will learn to cook, maintain their apartments and explore the community.
Cost: $4500 is an all-inclusive fee for furnished apartment, groceries, laundry, transportation and hands-on instruction for the 3 week session. Students will need to bring $100 in personal spending money for social, community events.
More About Camp
The Summer Internship Program is 100% hands-on learning, taught by MLC instructors and job coaches.This opportunity will provide students the chance to develop their:
- social skills and participate in fun community activities
- work skills through an internship experience, with a student stipend at the end of the 3 weeks
- independent living skills including: organization, budgeting, healthy choices and safety.
Student Intern Qualifications:
1. Diagnosed with learning differences such as: learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, ADHD/ADD or other neurological conditions. No significant behavior or emotional problems.
2. Applicant responds well to a structured and supported environment.
3. Between the ages of 17-20 years old.
4. Full Scale IQ = 70 and above.
Call 612-869-4008 or go to www.MinnesotaLifeCollege.org
Activities & Features
independent living social skills fun community activities internship experience organization budgeting healthy choices safety cooking